Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Scenery and Wildlife from Jackon Hole 2012 Part 1



    Jackson Hole is a very special place.  Not many people from back East talk about it so I never really knew where it was or what it had in store.  Katrina on the other hand, had spent a few summers in Jackson as a river guide on the Snake river.  She loved it there and the endless outdoor activities that could be found there.
  
    When we first arrived it was the end of May and it was 28-34 degrees out and we were living and sleeping outside in canvas tents!  Not a very good start for me since I was new to all this and it was freakin' cold!  Well, it did warm up...eventually.

    Once the summer got going, I really enjoyed photographing out there.  Though I had a job taking pictures of paragliders and mountain bikers, it was the few chances I got to take pictures of the scenery and nature that really got me hooked on Jackson Hole.  

    Below are some examples of pictures that I am proud to have been able to take and hope the rest of you enjoy these as well.


The Landscape shots

Normally you end with the best, but I decided to start with my favorite landscape shot
The amazing Teton mountain range!


A view from Teton Whitewater's Scenic Float Trip
Another shot taken on the river.
This was taken at Jenny Lake in the Teton National Park

For those of you that like flowers, here are 4 pictures...

 
Love the center details on this flower


Sammi Lewis who worked with us at Teton Whitewater took this shot on our photo walk


Loved the details in this flower and the fly on the upper right corner of the flower



The famous town square arches of Jackson Hole, WY
 

Now we move onto the Wildlife of Jackson Hole!

Bald Eagles

 
The famous and always majestic, Bald Eagles!
 


2 baby eagles at a large eagle's nest


Such contrast makes them easy to spot
 
Katrina and I went on a VERY risky adventure to get this close to an eagle and get this shot!

 

Now onto more wildlife on the river


The well-known Osprey

Osprey flying above
The river pelicans were so cool to see
Group gathering


Afternoon exercise
 
Absolutely LOVE this shot!



Now for some land animals... 

 
Starting off with the cutest :)
Elk are seen quite often in Jackson


This was a treat to see
 
Don't worry, I was at a safe spot but SOOO glad to be this close to a Bull Moose
Don't you just hate those hard to reach places

  
Caught this guy having a late afternoon snack





 

Saving the BIGGEST for last, the following 3 pictures of Buffalo were taken when I went on a personal mission to drive around and find Buffalo....mission successful!!!



This guys was staring me down, but I held my ground :)
As long as I kept a safe distance, these Buffalo were pretty calm
This guy had a killer fro!  I mean, you can tell that he knows how to party!
  

 I leave you with a gorgeous view of the Snake River in the heart of the Teton range!


 
Hope you enjoyed seeing these as much as I enjoyed taking these pictures that will be long lasting memories of an amazing place and our many amazing adventures there!  Let me know what you thought in the comments below.



  

No comments:

Post a Comment