Thursday, September 29, 2011

Beginning on GIMP

In May of this year I was on the search for a program that would allow me to edit and manipulate pictures. I essentially wanted Photoshop but couldn't afford it...

I found a program called GIMP which is a free program that works like Photoshop. It does not have all of the advanced features but for amateur to semi-pro picture editing, it is perfect. I now use Lightroom for the editing and if needed (maybe 5% of the time) I will use GIMP for manipulations or more advanced editing.

The great thing about GIMP, besides being free, is that I find it much easier and user friendly than Photoshop. The tools are simple to use and clear cut. There is also a great online manual that you can use as a guide. I also spent hours on YouTube looking up tutorials.

I have a project that I have been wanting to start for GIMP that I hope to put up here soon but for now I wanted to introduce the program and also show you 2 pictures that were pretty much the first things I did on GIMP after watching some tutorials.


No comments:

Post a Comment